Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pinterest


When I was younger I would spend hours tearing apart magazines and putting together inspiration scrapbooks. Sometimes they were about make up sometimes there were about clothing and more often than not they were about whatever cute movie star I was crushing on. I use to love flipping through them to get inspiration for whatever project I was working on or just life in general. I love having a bunch of visual inspiration at my finger tips.

As I have gotten older I have had less and less time to put together my inspiration scrapbooks especially now that I have the girls. I have tried various ways to recreate this books on my computer. At first I would just download pictures and store them in specific folders. This started to take up a LOT of room and I would not always remember where I found the idea. I am all about giving credit after all. I tried Tumblr for a bit but I could never get use to the way it worked. Then I found Pinterest. I must say that I am head over heels in LOVE with Pinterest!

Pinterest is basically one big virtual pinboard. A place to pin all the inspirational pictures, thoughts and ideas that you come across on the web. You can set up different boards to keep you organized. You can view the main page or even follow other people on Pinterest. Here is the basics on how it works:

"The easiest way to pin an item is to use the Pin It bookmark. This is a special button that lets you grab an image from any website and add it to one of your pinboards. When you pin from a website, we automatically grab the source link so we can credit the original creator. 
Every pinboard has a follow button. When you follow a pinboard, you will see all of the pins that are added to that board on your home screen in real-time. By following lots of Pinboards, Pinterest will bring you a visual feed of things you love."
 
I cannot even begin to express my love Pinterest in words. It is the visually stimulating website that I have ever been too. My new favorite past time is browsing through Pinterest while eating cookies and drinking milk. It is just too much fun! 
If you are interested my username is heytherelou and you are more than welcome to follow my boards. Do you have a pinterest board? If so let me know your username because I would love to follow you!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mira Crisp said...

Hi Heather! Thanks for following! I recently joined Pinterest after I recieved an i invite but haven't started using it yet. From what I see, it's really fun to work with! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails