Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Spring Vase

The weather here has been very odd lately. It will be warm and sunny for a few days only to be overcast, rainy and chilly for the next few days. It does this over and over again and I am starting to get very confused! Every time I think spring is here it gets chilly again. I am so excited for spring and sunny weather! I decided to do a little spring craft to cheer me up on one of those chilly rainy days.

Twine Flower Vase

You Need:
Vase or Jar (looks don't matter as you are covering it)
twine
cute ribbon
lots of glue and glue gun

I was able to score my cute glass vase from the thrift store for a dollar. When I bought it I had no idea what I would do with until I came across some twine in my craft supplies!

The first thing you want to do is make you ribbon rose buds. (there is a tutorial on this post if you would like to know how to make them) I made 3 rose buds for my vase but you can make as many or as few as you would like. Set your roses aside and grab your twine and get started wrapping your vase. I started at the bottom and used big dabs of glue every now and then. If you would like a tightly wrapped vase just push your twine down as you go to keep it as tight as possible. Once you get a few lines of twine on the vase you will get into a rhythm of sorts and it will go much faster after that. Depending on the size of your vase you could be at this awhile. It took me about 30 minutes to wrap my vase but I was interrupted a few times. After you vase is wrapped add your rose buds and secure with a few dabs of hot glue. I placed my on the vase so they would cover a few overly glued places on the vase.
Place some beautiful flowers in your vase and step back and enjoy your beautiful vase!

Photobucket" border="0">

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Pretty - I particularly like how the blue contrasts with the jute...

coastal cavegirl said...

So pretty! I've been thinking of trying something like this.

Heather said...

Thank you Ladies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails