Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rock Star Party Invitations

It is almost time to party like a rock star! My daughter requested a rock star party for her birthday this year. She is having a joint party with our neighbors daughter again this year. Here is a link to the post on her party from last year. I REALLY enjoy planning her parties and this year was no exception. Her actual party isn't for another couple of weeks due issues with booking just the right location. I have been slowly working on all the little projects for it. Rather than do one big post after the big day I am going to slowly post bits and pieces until then. I thought I would start with the invitations.

I had really hoped to be able to buy the invitations but wasn't able to find anything I liked. So I sucked it up and got to work on some custom ones. I decided to add an extra backstage pass in for fun. The invitations themselves took me forever but that was mostly because I have math issues and kept screwing up the measurements. This is also the reason we went from a folded card to a post card style. The feathers were an after thought but I love the detail they add. Don' tell my daughter that I used her falling apart feather boa! It took me awhile to finish all 16 cards and passes but they were totally worth the work. Now I need to get to work on the cupcake stand!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails