Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

T-Shirt Headbands

On Thursday I made my weekly visit to the Thrift store on base. Yes I really do go to the thrift store that often! As I was walking in I noticed a sign advertising their Valentines Day sale - all their clothing was $1.00 and pink or red items were half off. The clothing was a bit picked over but I was able to find some great clothes to re-purpose. I found a few great te-shirts and I spent today cutting them apart for various projects like this one:

T-Shirt Headbands

You will need:
an old t-shirt
scissors
hot glue

The first things I did was cut the bottom hem off of the shirts to use for the flowers. Then I cut a piece to use for my headband. The first piece I cut out was the exact thickness that I wanted my headband to be which was a big mistake. I didn't account for the fabric rolling a bit and I wasn't sure I like how thin it was so I cut a new thicker piece. I wanted a nice long headband that I could tie in the back so I cut all the way around the shirt and then cut through one seam. After I finished cutting the headbands I got started on the roses.

I took my strip of fabric and tied a knot in the end.

Then I began rolling and twisting the strip, applying glue every now and then. Once I had my flowers the desired size I tuck the extra under the flower and glued it in place. Then I glue my flowers on my headbands and I was all done. It was an easy and quick project which are my favorite!
I am linking up to:
and

Photobucket

7 comments:

Tammy Robbins said...

Love it! I would have never thought of that!

Andrea said...

Cute idea! If you are interested, you can link up at my new Thursday carnival, Make it Wear it.
Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

Heather said...

Thank you for you kinds words Ladies!

The Mother Huddle said...

Oh I have been wanting to try these! Thank you thank you!
Destri {The Mother Huddle}

Julianna said...

I love this! Thanks for sharing. I am putting it on my list to try too!

Jamee said...

that is so cool- thanks for sharing

Heather said...

I am so glad that you all like the headbands!

Related Posts with Thumbnails