Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Old Crate

A couple of weeks ago I decided to take some items over to the thrift store here on base. Of course I forgot my donation bags but decided that since I was already there I would have a look around. It is pretty hard to find good items at the thrift store here. Oh how I miss the DI and Goodwill! I wasn't sure I would find anything especially considering the massive pile of donations sitting by the front counter. I guess they hadn't put anything out since before the holidays. So imagine my shock when I found this little beauty right here.

For only $2 I couldn't pass it up and for once I had a plan. A little paint, modge podge, scrapbook paper and some cute tacks and I turned that old crate into this:


Isn't it just beautiful? I needed a place to put my jewelry and glasses and that old crate made the perfect display for them. I am going to hang it up high on my bedroom wall and cross my fingers that a certain 2 year old can't get to it.

I linking up to:

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

So clever!!!

You can view my DIY project here...
http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2010/01/diy-magazine-holder.html

Delightful Dwelling said...

What a neat idea. It looks so pretty and cheerful with the scrapbook paper.

Lori said...

What a great find... I can never find anything... You did a great job! keep your fingers crossed about your daughter not getting into it..

So Sunny Day said...

So creative :)

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Related Posts with Thumbnails