Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Wreath

I have had this project in the back of my head ever since I saw this beautiful wreath on Tatertots and Jello.

Click on the picture for the tutorial

Isn't it just gorgeous? She does some amazing things with burlap. I was super impressed by some of her earlier projects so I tried to find some burlap to re-create them. Sadly I couldn't find any one the island. If you live here and have seen it somewhere please tell me!
So when I decided to make the wreath I had to come up with something that would work like burlap. Of course I dug through that pile of clothes that was headed to the thrift store and found a pair of jeans Bella had outgrown along with a pair of pants I was never going to wear. I knew if I made it out of denim it would drive my husband nuts! It is an ongoing joke with us. For some reason he thinks I am obsessed with things made out of denim. I am not sure how it started but I find it funny so I buy and make things out of denim just to drive him nuts!
I put this together the day after Delilah passed away. It was nice to take my mind off of things. The bad part is that I was so focused on it that I didn't snap one in progress picture. So all you get is the end result

Please ignore the dirty door!

I think it turned out adorable. I still need to come up with a bow or something for the bare spot at the top. I need to find some twine or ribbon for it.
Brandon hates it. In fact he told me not to post it unless I wanted to lose all of my followers. I just laughed and hung it up anyway!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails