Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Modge Podge Letter

I have recently fallen head over heels in love with Modge Podge. It may possibly be the greatest crafting item ever invented. You can use it on everything and believe me I have. I first discovered it earlier this month while I was working on my big sisters Christmas gift. I can not show it to you until after Christmas cause she reads this blog. Since then I have been using it on everything. Here is an example of what you can do with Modge Podge.


Scrapbook Letters

Items you will need:
Cute Scrapbook Paper I got mine at the craft store on Kadena but the BX currently has some super cute pads
Wooden Letter The Craft Store on Kadena has tons of these in a few different sizes
Modge Podge The Craft store on Kadena also carries this
Small brush to apply the Modge Podge
Any embellishments you want to add I used my fabric flower I made and some string out of my scrapbooking stash
*********************
Take your letter flip it over and trace it onto the backside of your chosen sheet of scrapbook paper. Cut out the letter and Modge Podge the paper to the your wooden letter. When using Modge Podge with paper is best to dilute it with a little bit of water. You want to put Modge Podge on the back of your paper and the surface of the letter. Line up the edge and press it down while smoothing it at the same time. Then paint a layer of Modge Podge over the top. The paper will bubble a bit but don't worry it will smooth out as it dries. After it is dries you can paint as many more layers of Modge Podge on the top as you would like. I did 3 coats on my letter to make sure it was good and sealed. Then add your desired embellishments and you have a super cute letter to hang on the wall!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails