Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mustache On A Stick

Last week my daughter began rattling off a list of girls in her class that she would like to give Christmas gifts to. I think she may have named every girl in class. After a long discussion we decided that we would make a gift for everyone in her class so no one felt left out. The girls were easy - we would make them flower hair clips. I will do a post on them later. The boys were a bit harder. I don't have boys so I am never sure what a 6/7 year old boy would want. I wanted it to be something that would be easy to make and fun. After much thought came up with these:


Mustache On A Stick

I found a great post about these on Simply Modern Mom of course she used stiff felt for hers and drew the pattern herself. I am not creative enough to draw my own mustache so I did a little search and found a pattern on Martha Stewart and used that to draw my mustaches. I tried my hardest to find some black stiff felt but there wasn't any anywhere. I grabbed a sheet of brown foam and crossed my fingers that it would work and it did. I think they turned out adorable. I wasn't sure what to use for the stick and after the black felt hoopla I didn't feel like running around trying to find something. So I headed to the kitchen and grabbed some of my wooden skewers. I broke the pointy tip off the top and hot glued the sticks to a mustache. I made sure the smooth end was at the bottom. The only thing that could make these better is some fake fur to cover them - if you can't guess I couldn't find any. Still I think they turned out adorable and my daughter loves them.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails