Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, June 17, 2011

Photography Fun Fridays

Welcome to Photography Fun Friday. My sister made a comment on my Lazy Saturday post about how it wasn't fair that I have a better camera and ability to take pictures than she does. Since I am a good big sister I have decided to create Photography Fun Friday! I am not an expert or a professional but I love learning more about photography and I love to share what I know. If there is something you are curious about or want to learn let me know otherwise I will post whatever fun photography thing I am interested in that week.


To start off Photography Fun Friday I want to share a WONDERFUL photography book with you - The Key To Taking Pictures Like A Professional Photographer by Katie Evans. Katie is a very talented stay at home Mom photographer in Texas. To quote Katie "I want to offer all the information I have in my repertoire so that you, too, can create an album of treasured memories to last a lifetime." Katies book helps you to do just that. I downloaded The Key To Taking Pictures Like A Professional Photographer a week ago and devoured it within a day. If you own a camera you MUST read this book.
Katie starts off by talking about cameras, lenses and gear to help you understand what you have or what you need to get. Then she helps you learn how to use that awesome camera you have invested in. She takes you through the basics and helps you get started with shooting in manual mode. She talks about exposure and helps you better understand your camera settings. She does a wonderful job explaining how it all works and her book if full of fabulous photographs. I don't know about you but I am a visual learner so good pictures are a must - especially for a photography book!
Now I don't want you to think that her books only applies to beginners. I consider myself to be an advanced beginner (I have been shooting on manual for a year now) and her book taught me so much. I was stuck in a bit of rut and Katie's book really helped me through it. I learned so much from her chapter on composition and her chapters on lighting and editing totally rocked my photography world! After reading her book I was eager to get out and apply all that I learned.

If you have any interest in photography at all I highly recommend that you purchase a copy of The Key To Taking Pictures Like A Professional Photographer by Katie Evans. You can download the ebook version on Katie's website thekeytotaking pictures.com. Believe me it is worth every penny!!

Now if purchasing a photography book is not in your budget at the moment you are in luck because I am giving away a copy of Katie's to book to one of my lucky readers. Just leave a comment below before midnight on Wednesday June 22nd. I will randomly choose a winner and announce it on next Fridays post.

*The contest is now closed*
 Photobucket

6 comments:

Micah C said...

Okay - being the first to comment, means I probably wont win. But, Pick me!!!

pambelina said...

Heather smells!

Unknown said...

I have wanted this book for a while now. But it never seems to be in the budget! I am pleased that I found you. I am a new follower.

Mia J. said...

I would so love to win this book. Thanks for the chance.

mia at jacobsracing dot com

Lytles said...

The book looks great! I would love to win it.
thelytles@hotmail.com

Denise Burridge said...

I would love to add this book to my library!
Thank you for the opportunity =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails