Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Copy Cat

I have realized that some people are naturally creative. I love these types of people. They have an ability to make the most ordinary things extraordinary. I have found that I tend to gravitate towards creative women. All of my friends have some amazing creative ability from cake decorating to writing to sewing. Then there is me.

I am not a naturally creative person. I truly struggle when it comes to the creative part of my life. I am completely unable to come up with original ideas. What I am good at is copying other people. I am a fairly fast learner and can pick up almost anything if someone shows me how. Now that I have been introduced to the world of craft blogs I can find a tutorial for almost anything. I can connect with hundreds of creative women who are willing to show me how to make anything. My list of projects and literally tripled in the past few months. I have been able to make some beautiful things for the girls and I because of the tutorials I have come across on the craft blogs I read. I am total copy cat but I always try to give credit where it is due. I use to just save pictures on my computer for inspiration now I make sure to tag them so I know where they came from.

If I am not copying other Crafters out there I am copying retail items that I have seen. I will be completely honest, most of my creative endeavors stem from the fact that I too cheap to pay for things. One of the first projects I copied was some flower hair clips that I had seen at a craft fair. I made beautiful flower hair clips for the girls because I was not about to pay $15+ for one when I could make it for $2. I often look at things and think "I could make that" so I won't buy it. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but I love trying. I have be able to gain so many new skills through copying those around me!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails