Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun List - Pet Rocks

The girls got to pick out of the summer fun bucket for the very first time today! They were very excited when they read the slip - Pet Rocks. I remember making very large pet rocks as a little girl and dragging them around everywhere. I loved them, even if it hurt SUPER bad when I dropped them on my foot which I did  a lot. I had such fond memories of making them I just had to make some with the girls. Needless to say I was excited as they were to get started on our project.

I did not think through this project before we started. I knew I had markers and I thought I had googly eyes (I didn't) and the rocks would be easy to find - right? WRONG. The only rocks we could find were the small black decortive ones in the front yard. The were not quite the right size for pet rocks but we didn't have much of a choice. 


 Our pet rocks turned into more of a rock decorating session. We used the paint markers to make faces and draw pictures on a couple dozen rocks. They aren't quite pet rocks but they are adorable and the girls had a great time making them. Even though the project didn't go quite the way I had envisioned it was still a success.

PS Our Summer Snack System is working VERY well so far. The girls caught on quickly and are having fun using their "money"!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone essentially lend a hand to make significantly articles I
might state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and to
this point? I surprised with the analysis you made
to make this particular publish extraordinary. Fantastic process!


My website; registry cleaner software

Related Posts with Thumbnails