Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, July 23, 2010

Flower Necklace


Now that my girls are older (and less likely to rip them off my neck) I have started to wear necklaces again. My jewlery collection is in sad condition at the moment so I have been slowly trying to build it back up. I scored this adorable necklace from the thrift and decided that it needed it a little something like a gorgeous flower!

I decide to try my making the flowers myself out of some old shirts that I had laying around. I found a great tutorial on MaryJanes and Galoshes on how to make the flower petals. They are fairly easy to make. Basically you use some synthetic material and a candle. You cut out some circles and carefully melt the edges by holding them over the candle. They were so simple and fun to make!
After I finished my flower petals I glued them together and added a vintage button to the center of it. I think it adds the perfect feminine touch to the necklace and I can't wait to wear it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails